NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association is the premier association representing nearly 900 independent, community-based telecommunications companies that are leading innovation in rural and small-town America.
- NTCA advocates on behalf of its members in the legislative and regulatory arenas, and it provides training and development; publications and industry events; and an array of employee benefit programs.
- Shirley Bloomfield serves as the NTCA Chief Executive Officer with 23 years in the telecommunications industry.
- Rhonda Armstrong, vice president of administrative services for Sebastian Telephone Co. in Foresthill, Calif., and Terry Force, president of Blue Valley Tele-Communications of Home, Kan., are Co-Presidents of NTCA's Board of Directors.
- NTCA was incorporated on June 1, 1954.
- The association's signature events are the Rural Telecom Industry Meeting & EXPO, which is held in February and draws more than 2,600 attendees from rural telecommunications companies across the country and NTCA's Fall Conference, an education-oriented meeting, with more 1,500 attendees each September.
- In an era of exploding technology, deregulation and marketplace competition, NTCA’s members are leading the IP evolution for rural consumers, delivering technologies that make rural communities vibrant places in which to live and do business. Because of their efforts, rural America is fertile ground for innovation in economic development and commerce, education, health care, government services, security and smart energy use.
NTCA is the source for the latest information on the rural telecommunications industry. For more information about NTCA, download our Fact Sheet.
For media inquiries, speaking opportunities and interview sources, please contact the following representatives for assistance:
Arlington, Va. (November 20, 2013) – NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association today issued the following statement from Chief Executive Officer Shirley Bloomfield in response to FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler's announcement of the commission's intent to pursue new rules regarding the IP transition:
Access more NTCA news...